Tuesday 6 August 2013

i am.


The boleyn girl.

Always . The second best.
No matter what she do.
Compliments aren't for her.




Mary Boleyn: [in Henry's bedchamber] So, this is it?... Where the king of England sleeps?
King Henry VIII: And reads and writes. Finds a few moments each day to himself.
Mary Boleyn: [nervously] And yet you invite me here?
King Henry VIII: Because I like you and trust you.
Mary Boleyn: You hardly know me.
King Henry VIII: I have lied to a hundred times a day. Petitioned. Lobbied. One learns how to decifer a face.
[caresses Mary's face]
King Henry VIII: Yours is as the sun. One shouldn't gaze too long.
[pauses]
King Henry VIII: My flattery makes you uncomfortable?... Because compliments in your family are usually for someone else. The elder sister... That's something I understand. What it is to be the second child. Forever in the shadows... I'm making you uncomfortable again

No comments:

Post a Comment